Development of the Framework is contracted by a partnership of five groups:
at California Institute of Technology, George Mason University, University
of California San Diego, and Yale University, led by Weill Medical College
of Cornell University. Capital Meeting Planners Inc. is subcontractor for
logistics of terminology workshops. The contractors are assisted by the
Society for Neuroscience and by volunteer consultant/collaborators
collaborators at nine additional sites.
Contractor Sites and PIs
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Daniel Gardner, Ph.D., Principal Investigator
- California Institute of Technology
- Paul Sternberg, Ph.D., Project Director
- George Mason University
- Giorgio Ascoli, Ph.D., Project Director
- University of California at San Diego
- Maryann Martone, Ph.D., Project Director
- Yale University Medical College
- Gordon Shepherd, M.D., D.Phil., Project Director
In addition to the Society for Neuroscience, our project
consultant-collaborators and their institutions include:
- Huda Akil, Ph.D., University of Michigan Medical School
- Douglas Bowden, M.D., University of Washington
- Kristin M. Harris, Ph.D., University of Georgia
- Gwen A. Jacobs, Ph.D., Montana State University
- David N. Kennedy, Ph.D., Massachusetts General Hospital
- Ken Smith, Ph.D., MITRE Corporation
- David C. Van Essen, Ph.D., Washington University
- Robert W. Williams, Ph.D., University of Tennessee
The Neuroscience Information Framework project supports a wide range of
neuroscientists, neuroinformaticians, and informatics developers at the
- Giorgio A. Ascoli, Ph.D.
- Vadim Astakhov
- William Bug, M.S. M.Phil.
- Fabien Campagne, Ph.D.
- Mark Ellisman, Ph.D.
- Ronit Gadagkar, M.S.
- Daniel Gardner, Ph.D.
- Bernice Grafstein, Ph.D.
- Jeffrey Grethe, Ph.D.
- Amaranth Gupta, Ph.D.
- Erdem Kurul
- Luis Marenco, M.D.
- Maryann Martone, Ph.D.
- Perry Miller, M.D. Ph.D.
- Michael Muller
- Thien Nguyen
- Xufei Qian
- Adrian Robert, Ph.D.
- Ruggero Scorcioni, Ph.D.
- Gordon Shepherd, M.D. D.Phil.
- Paul W. Sternberg, Ph.D.
- Willy Woong
- Ilya Zaslavsky, Ph.D.